ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 72

Battle Pass

Battle Pass, formerly known as Flatbush Pass or Valley Grove or The Porte, is a historic hill pass that played a significant part in the 1776 Battle of Long Island, and that is currently part of Prospect Park in Brooklyn. Flatbush pass went throu ...

Mount Prospect Park

Mount Prospect Park is a 7.79-acre park in the central portion of the New York City borough of Brooklyn. It includes Mount Prospect, the second highest point in Brooklyn. It is located on Eastern Parkway near Underhill Avenue, close to Grand Army ...

Rockaway, Queens

The Rockaway Peninsula, commonly referred to as The Rockaways or Rockaway, is the name of a peninsula within the New York City borough of Queens on Long Island, New York. Relatively isolated from Manhattan and other more urban parts of the city, ...

Balmain Reservoir

The Balmain Reservoir is a 2.376.000-imperial-gallon disused, covered reservoir located under Gladstone Park in Balmain, in the Inner West of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.

Mount Dorothy Reservoir

Mount Dorothy Reservoir is a heritage-listed reservoir at Caloola Road, Wentworthville, City of Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia. It was designed by the Metropolitan Water Sewerage & Drainage Board and built from 1959 to 1961. It is also kn ...

Petersham Reservoir

Petersham Reservoir is a heritage-listed water reservoir at New Canterbury Road, Petersham, Inner West Council, Sydney New South Wales, Australia. It was designed and built by the New South Wales Public Works Department. It is also known as Peter ...

Potts Hill Reservoirs 1 and 2

Potts Hill Reservoirs 1 and 2 are heritage-listed reservoirs at Cooper Road, Potts Hill, Canterbury-Bankstown Council, New South Wales, Australia. It was designed by Board of Water Supply and Sewerage & Sydney Water and built from 1880. The prope ...

Duck River (New South Wales)

The Darug people of the Burramattagal clan were the original inhabitants of the land at the head of the Parramatta River. The southern riverbank was a vital source of their food and living resources. In their seasonal rotation of campsites around ...

Georges River

The Georges River, also known as Tucoerah River, is an intermediate tide-dominated drowned valley estuary, located to the south and west of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. The source of the Georges river upland swamps in the OHares Creek catc ...

Hacking River

The Hacking River is a watercourse that is located in the Southern Sydney region of New South Wales in Australia. The river is named in honour of Henry Hacking, a pilot at Port Jackson in colonial New South Wales.

Lane Cove River

The Lane Cove River, a northern tributary of the Parramatta River, is a tide-dominated, drowned valley estuary west of Sydney Harbour, located in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. The river is a tributary of the Parramatta River, winding throug ...

Parramatta River

The Parramatta River is an intermediate tide-dominated, drowned valley estuary located in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. With an average depth of 5.1 metres, the Parramatta River is the main tributary of Sydney Harbour, a branch of Port Jack ...

Woronora River

The Woronora River is a perennial river of the Sydney Basin, located in the Sutherland Shire local government area of Greater Metropolitan Sydney, approximately 22 kilometres south of the Sydney central business district, in New South Wales, Aust ...

Brougham Place, North Adelaide

Brougham Place is a street lined with large mansions set in landscaped grounds in the Adelaide suburb of North Adelaide, South Australia. It surrounds Brougham Gardens, that joins the three grids that comprise North Adelaide. It was named after H ...

Melbourne Street, North Adelaide

Melbourne Street is a street situated in the Adelaide suburb of North Adelaide, South Australia. It is the main commercial area of the second-largest of the three grids that comprise North Adelaide. It was named after William Lamb, 2nd Viscount M ...

North Adelaide Football Club (1881–1888)

The North Adelaide Football Club also known as the Hotham Football Club was an Australian rules football club based in South Australia. It participated in the South Australian Football Association in 1887 and 1888. As the end of 1888 the club dis ...

Strangways Terrace

Strangways Terrace is a street in North Adelaide, South Australia. It is the southwestern boundary between the built environment and the Adelaide parklands including the Adelaide Golf Links. Strangways terrace is named in honor of Thomas Strangwa ...

Catonsville, Maryland

Catonsville is a census-designated place in Baltimore County, Maryland, United States. The population was 41.567 at the 2010 census. The community lays to the west of Baltimore along the citys border. Catonsville contains the majority of the Univ ...

Central Catonsville and Summit Park Historic District

Central Catonsville and Summit Park Historic District is a national historic district in Catonsville, Baltimore County, Maryland, United States. It is entirely residential and consists generally of rectangular lots, the largest lots being found o ...

Grist Mill Trail

The Grist Mill Trail is a 5.0 mile long hiking and biking trail located in Patapsco Valley State Park in the Baltimore County side of the Patapsco Valley near Catonsville, Maryland. The paved pathway runs parallel to the Baltimore and Ohio Railro ...

Ingleside (Catonsville, Maryland)

Bernard N. Baker 1854-1918 was a prominent businessman, who became one of the wealthiest men in Baltimore in later life. He was a trustee of the Johns Hopkins University, who funded research. In 1877 Baker married Elizabeth Elton Livzey. In 1889 ...

Johnnycake Town

Johnnycake Town, also called Journeycake Town, is a village settled in the 1720s. Currently unnamed, it is located in what is now Catonsville, Maryland. The village was settled by Europeans in 1720 and was named in honor of his tavern, interestin ...

Old Catonsville Historic District

Old Catonsville Historic District is a national historic district in Catonsville, Baltimore County, Maryland, United States. It was laid out with the construction of the electric railway and is overwhelmingly residential, with three churches, a m ...

Short Line Railroad Trail

The Short Line Railroad Trail is a 3.5-mile-long trail in Western Baltimore County, Maryland. The trail segment begins approximately at the Charlestown Retirement Community off Maiden Choice Lane, south of the Baltimore National Cemetery, and end ...

Trolley Line Number 9 Trail

The Historical Ellicott City/Baltimore Trolley Line #9 Trail is a 1.25-mile trail in western Baltimore County, Maryland. It begins at the west end of Edmondson Avenue and extends from Catonsville through Oella to Main Street, Ellicott City. The e ...

Lochearn, Maryland

Lochearn is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Baltimore County, Maryland, United States, located immediately to the west of the City of Baltimore. The population was 25.333 at the 2010 census.

Owings Mills, Maryland

Owings Mills is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Baltimore County, Maryland, United States. It is a suburb of Baltimore. The population was 30.622 at the 2010 census. Owings Mills is home to the northern terminus of the ...

Gwynnbrook Wildlife Management Area

Gwynnbrook Wildlife Management Area is an 88-acre Wildlife Management Area in Owings Mills, Baltimore County, Maryland. The property is a former game farm that was purchased by Maryland in 1919, and is the oldest WMA in the state.

Owings Mills Boulevard

Owings Mills Boulevard is a county- and state-maintained highway in the U.S. state of Maryland. The highway runs 7.8 miles from Liberty Road north near Randallstown north to Bond Avenue near Glyndon. Maryland Route 940 is the designation for the ...

Owings Mills High School

Owings Mills High School is a four-year public high school in Owings Mills, Maryland, United States. It is part of the Baltimore County Public Schools consolidated school district.

Parkville, Maryland

Parkville is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Baltimore County, Maryland, United States. As of the 2010 census, the population was 30.734.

Parkville High School

Parkville High School is a four-year public high school in Baltimore County, Maryland, United States. The school was originally established in 1953 on what is now the location of Parkville Middle School. The current high school building opened in ...

St. Johns Lutheran Church (Parkville, Maryland)

Parkville straddles the Baltimore City/Baltimore County line. St. Johns is located in central Parkville. Parkvilles population grew rapidly after World War II and the opening of the Baltimore Beltway, Interstate 695, in 1962. The population of Pa ...

Druid Ridge Cemetery

Druid Ridge Cemetery is located just outside the city of Baltimore in Pikesville, Maryland at 7900 Park Heights Avenue, Baltimore Co., MD 21208. Among its monuments and graves are several noted sculptures by Hans Schuler and the final resting pla ...

Milford Mill Road

Milford Mill Road, Slade Avenue, and Smith Avenue are a long road mostly in Baltimore County, Maryland that runs through Milford Mill and Pikesville in the suburbs of Baltimore. The road starts out at the light rail stop in historic Mt. Washingto ...

Pikesville Arsenal

Pikesville Arsenal was a 19th-century United States Army fortification near Pikesville, Maryland, under control of the Army Ordnance Department. 39.3752212°N 76.7224592°W  / 39.3752212, -76.7224592

Quarry Lake (Maryland)

Quarry Lake is a manmade lake in the Pikesville area of Baltimore County, Maryland. Originally a marble quarry, it is now one of the deepest lakes in the state. The lake is surrounded by Quarry Lake at Greenspring, a mixed residential development ...

Randallstown, Maryland

Randallstown is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Baltimore County, Maryland, United States. It is named after Christopher and Thomas Randall, two 18th-century tavern-keepers. At that time, Randallstown was a tollgate cro ...

Northwest Hospital (Randallstown, Maryland)

Northwest Hospital, formerly known as Northwest Hospital Center and Baltimore County General Hospital before that, is a hospital in Randallstown, Maryland owned and operated by LifeBridge Health. The hospital is full-service, with an emergency de ...

Franklin High School (Reisterstown, Maryland)

"Franklin High School" is a public high school located in Reisterstown, Maryland, an old historic town in the now northwestern suburbs of the modern City of Baltimore in Baltimore County, Maryland. It is in the Baltimore County Public Schools system.

Reisterstown Historic District

Reisterstown Historic District is a national historic district in Reisterstown, Baltimore County, Maryland, United States. Its development is inseparably identified with the roads that converge to form Main Street. They are Maryland Route 30 and ...

Worthington Valley Historic District

Worthington Valley Historic District is a national historic district in Reisterstown, Baltimore County, Maryland, United States. It is a largely rural district where the earliest standing structures date from the very end of the 18th century. Hor ...

Immaculate Conception School (Towson, Maryland)

Immaculate Conception School, is a Roman Catholic elementary school located in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Baltimore in the USA. It is affiliated with Immaculate Conception Parish and located in Towson, MD.

Stoneleigh-Rodgers Forge, Maryland

Stoneleigh-Rodgers Forge was a Census-designated place in Baltimore County during the 1960 United States Census, which consists of the communities of Stoneleigh and Rodgers Forge. The population in 1960 was 15.645. The census area merged with Tow ...

Towson Square

Towson Square, originally known as Towson Circle III while in planning, is an outdoor mall constructed between 2013 and 2014 in Towson, Maryland. The outdoor mall is estimated to cost have million to be built by its developers, Cordish Company an ...

Woodlawn-Rockdale-Milford Mills, Maryland

Woodlawn-Rockdale-Milford Mills was a Census-designated place in Baltimore County during the 1960 United States Census, which consists of the communities of Milford Mill, Rockdale and Woodlawn. The population in 1960 was 19.254. Name of census ar ...

Woodlawn, Baltimore County, Maryland

Woodlawn is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Baltimore County, Maryland, United States. The population was 37.879 at the 2010 census. It is home to the headquarters of the Social Security Administration and the Centers f ...

33rd Street (Baltimore)

33rd Street, originally called Thirty-third Street Boulevard, is a long, wide, east-west parkway with a broad tree-shaded median strip. It is surrounded by 1920s-era "Daylight-styled" row houses with porches and small front yards. It was designed ...

Windsor Mill Road

Windsor Mill Road is a road that runs through parts of Baltimore, Maryland and its western suburb Woodlawn. The road starts as a one-way street named Edgewood Street, then makes a slight left corner and becomes Windsor Mill Road. The road, which ...

Birmingham Botanical Gardens

The Birmingham Botanical Gardens are a 15-acre botanical garden situated in Edgbaston, Birmingham, England. The gardens are close to the centre of Birmingham and open every day except Christmas Day and Boxing Day. They are located at grid referen ...