ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 182

Arclight Theatre

The Theater at Blessed Sacrament, formerly the Arclight Theatre and later Theatre 71 at Blessed Sacrament, is located at 152 West 71st Street, between Broadway and Columbus Avenues. The theater currently has a seating capacity of 54 seats due to ...

Childrens Museum of Manhattan

The Children’s Museum of Manhattan was founded by Bette Korman, under the name GAME, in 1973. With New York City in a deep fiscal crisis, and school art, music, and cultural programs eliminated, a loosely organized, group of artists and educators ...

Colonial Theatre (New York City)

The Colonial Theatre in New York City was at Broadway and 62nd Street in what was then the San Juan Hill neighborhood on the Upper West Side, Manhattan. Originally named the Colonial Music Hall, it was opened in 1905 by Fred Thompson and Elmer Du ...

Damrosch Park

Damrosch Park is a 2.4-acre park that includes the Guggenheim Bandshell in New York City at Amsterdam Avenue and West 62nd Street on the south side of the Metropolitan Opera House and west of the David H. Koch Theater at the Lincoln Center for th ...

Innovation Diploma Plus High School

Innovation Diploma Plus High School is located on 145 West 84th Street within the Upper West Side of Manhattan. It is also one of the four schools that are located in the Louis D. Brandeis High School Campus.

Nicholas Roerich Museum

The Nicholas Roerich Museum in New York City is dedicated to the works of Nicholas Roerich, a Russian-born artist whose work focused on nature scenes from the Himalayas. The museum is located in a brownstone at 319 West 107th Street on Manhattans ...

Rossleigh Court

Rossleigh Court, constructed between 1906 and 1907, currently is a rental apartment building located on the northwest corner of 85th Street and Central Park West in the Upper West Side of Manhattan in New York City. Like the similarly designed an ...

Rutgers Presbyterian Church

Rutgers Presbyterian Church is a Presbyterian house of worship in New York City. In the Churchs origins date to 1798 in Lower Manhattan. The first Church building was erected on land donated by Colonel Henry Rutgers at the corner of what would be ...

Septuagesimo Uno

Septuagesimo Uno is a 0.04-acre park in the Upper West Side of the New York City borough of Manhattan. It is located on 71st Street between West End Avenue to the west and the intersection of Broadway and Amsterdam Avenue to the east. The parks n ...

Sherman Square

Sherman Square is a diminutive public space bounded by Broadway, Amsterdam Avenue, and West 70th Street on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, in New York City, just south of Verdi Square. Acquired by the city in 1849, the small parcel of land was ...

St Stephens Episcopal Church, New York

St Stephens Episcopal Church in New York City was founded in 1805 as the fifth Episcopal parish in the Episcopal Diocese of New York. The stone church, on the southeast corner of Broome and Chrystie Streets, was inaugurated on Saint Stephens Day, ...

Symphony Space

Symphony Space, founded by Isaiah Sheffer and Allan Miller, is a multi-disciplinary performing arts organization at 2537 Broadway on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Performances take place in the 760-seat Peter Jay Sharp Theatre or the 160-seat ...

York Preparatory School

York Preparatory School commonly referred to as York Prep School, is an independent, university-preparatory school in the Upper West Side area of Manhattan, New York City, near Lincoln Square. Co-educational day school provides training approxima ...

Bennett Park (New York City)

Bennett Park, also known as James Gordon Bennett Park, is a 1.8-acre public park in New York City, named for James Gordon Bennett, Sr., the newspaper publisher who launched the New York Herald in 1835. It is located between Pinehurst and Fort Was ...

Cabrini Boulevard

Cabrini Boulevard spans the Manhattan neighborhood of Hudson Heights, running from West 177th Street in the south, near the George Washington Bridge, to Fort Tryon Park in the north, along an escarpment of Manhattan schist overlooking the Henry H ...

Fort George Amusement Park

Fort George Amusement Park was a trolley park and amusement park that operated in the Washington Heights and Inwood neighborhoods of Upper Manhattan, New York City, in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It occupied an area between 190th and ...

Fort Washington Avenue

Fort Washington Avenue is a major north-south street in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Manhattan. It runs from Fort Tryon Park to 159th Street, where it intersects with Broadway. It goes past Bennett Park, the highest natural point in Man ...

Fort Washington Park (Manhattan)

Fort Washington Park is a public park located in the Washington Heights section of Upper Manhattan in New York City. It runs along the banks of the Hudson River next to Riverside Drive and the Henry Hudson Parkway from West 155th Street to Dyckma ...

Gorman Park

Gorman Park is a 1.89-acre park in Washington Heights, Manhattan, New York City. It is bounded by Broadway on the west and Wadsworth Terrace on the east and stretches from 188th to 190th Streets. The land rises more than a hundred feet in a steep ...

Inspiration Point (Hudson River Greenway)

Inspiration Point is a popular rest stop for cyclists along the Hudson River Greenway at 190th Street within Fort Washington Park in Manhattan, which extends to Inwood Hill Park to the north and Riverside Park to the south. The Inspiration Point ...

J. Hood Wright Park

J. Hood Wright Park is a park of the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation which is located between Fort Washington and Haven Avenue, and between West 173rd and 176th Streets in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Manhattan, New Yor ...

McKenna Square

McKenna Square is a 0.24-acre public green space in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Upper Manhattan. The park is located in a median of West 165th Street, between Audubon and Amsterdam Avenues. The triangular site was created in 1917 in co ...

Mitchel Square Park

Mitchel Square Park is a small urban park in the Washington Heights neighborhood of the New York City borough of Manhattan. It is a two part, triangle shaped park formed by the intersection of Saint Nicholas Avenue, Broadway and 167th Street. In ...

Geminola

Geminola is a West Village, New York vintage clothing store at 41 Perry Street. It is owned by Lorraine Kirke, ex - wife of free and bad company musician Simon Kirke. Her shops name is a combination of the names of her three daughters, Jemima, Lo ...

Palazzo Chupi

Palazzo Chupi at 360 West 11th Street between Washington and West Streets in the West Village section of the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City is a residential condominium building designed by artist Julian Schnabel in th ...

86th Street station (Second Avenue Subway)

86th Street is a station on the first phase of the Second Avenue Line of the New York City Subway. Located at the intersection of Second Avenue and 86th Street on the Upper East Side, it opened on January 1, 2017. The station is served by the Q t ...

96th Street station (Second Avenue Subway)

96th Street is a station on the IND Second Avenue Line of the New York City Subway. Located at the intersection of Second Avenue and 96th Street on the border of the Upper East Side and East Harlem neighborhoods in Manhattan, it is the northern t ...

Church of St. Ignatius Loyola (New York City)

The Church of St. Ignatius of Loyola is a Roman Catholic parish church located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, New York City, administered by the Society of Jesus. The parish is under the authority of the Archdiocese of New York, and was est ...

Chissioua Mtsamboro

Chissioua Mtsamboro, widely known previously as Zamburu Island, also Saddle Island, is an island, about 3 miles off the northwest coast of Mayotte in the Indian Ocean in the Comoros archipelago. It lies north of the Choazil Islands, just off the ...

Davao River

The Davao River catchment is the third largest river catchment on the southern Philippines island of Mindanao. It drains an area of over 1.700 square kilometres with a river length of 160 kilometres. Most of the area is uplands. Average flows wit ...

Marbel River

Marble River is a river in the province of Cotabato in the Philippines. It is located at the foot of Mount Apo. The Marble River connects to the Kabacan River in Cotabato, a tributary of the Pulangi River which empties into the Rio Grande de Mind ...

Agus River

Agus River is a river that flows for 36.5 kilometres from Lanao Lake to Iligan Bay, Philippines. It cuts through the provinces of Lanao del Sur and Lanao del Norte. Settlements along the banks of the river include the City of Marawi, the Municipa ...

Panguil Bay

Panguil Bay is an arm of Iligan Bay in Mindanao, Philippines. The bay forms the natural boundary separating the Zamboanga Peninsula from the rest of the island of Mindanao. It borders the provinces of Misamis Occidental, Zamboanga del Sur, and La ...

Bayog, Tagoloan, Lanao del Sur

Bayog is a barangay in the municipality of Tagoloan in Lanao del Sur, Philippines. It is one of the municipalitys 39 barangays created through Presidential Decree 1548 dated June 11, 1978. Barangays potential tourist attraction is a two-story wat ...

Allah River

The Allah River flows through the Allah Valley on the island of Mindanao in the Philippines. It is located in the provinces of South Cotabato and Sultan Kudarat. It is 120 kilometres in length. Sources are Tarlac city, lake Holon and lake Sebu. I ...

Hinatuan Enchanted River

The Hinatuan Enchanted River, also called the Hinatuan Sacred River, is a deep spring river on the island of Mindanao in the Philippines. It flows into the Philippine Sea and the Pacific Ocean at Barangay Talisay, Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur. It is ...

Carcanmadcarlan

CarCanMadCarLan is a settlement area in the province of Surigao del Sur, Philippines and is about the northernmost quarter of the province. Ytyk-Ytyk the dance originated from the province of Surigao del sur particularly in the area of CarCanMadC ...

Mount Pinukis

The Pinukis is a 1.562 meters above sea level high inactive volcano in Brgy. Lison Valley, municipality of Pagadian City, Philippines. It covers more than 20.000 hectares of the 49.000 acres, has up to 2015 to maintain a relatively intact forest ...

Andulinang Island

Andulinang Island is an island in the municipality of Sitangkai, Tawi-Tawi. With an area of 0.02 square kilometres. It is located at the western edge of the Andulinang Reef. It is one of the last islands of the Sulu Archipelago nearest the Philip ...

Mardanas Island

Mardanas Island is an island in the municipality of Sitangkai, Tawi-Tawi. With an area of 0.1 square kilometres. It is officially known as Siluag in the 1939 Census Atlas of the Philippines, however locals and the Philippine Navy disputes this na ...

Panguan Island

Panguan Island is an island in the municipality of Sitangkai, Tawi-Tawi. With an area of 0.06 square kilometres. It is also known as Malamanok, coming from the Sama-Bajau dialect which means eat chicken as locals who travel to Sabah usually use t ...

Saluag Island

Saluag Island is located in the Province of Tawi-Tawi, in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, Philippines. Its length is 1.6 kilometres. The island belongs administratively to the municipality of Sibutu. The southernmost island of the Phili ...

Sugbai

Sugbai Island is a Philippine island in the Sulu Archipelago between the Sulu Sea and the Celebes Sea. It is in the South Ubian municipality of Tawi-Tawi province. There is a fishing village on its southern shore. In October 2015, the wreckage wa ...

Bras Island

Bras Island, also known as Berasi, is an Indonesian island in the Pacific Ocean. It is one of two main islands of Mapia Atoll, the other being Pegun Island. The island of bras, along with the rest of the Atoll is located in Supiori Regency in Pap ...

Doom Island

Doom Island is a small island in West Papua, Indonesia. It is administratively part of the city of Sorong, specifically the Sorong Islands district. The island served as the administrative center of the administration of the Dutch Empire, West Pa ...

Fanildo Island

Fanildo Island is a small island in Mapia Atoll and is one of the 92 officially listed outlying islands of Indonesia. It is located in Supiori Regency of Papua province, Indonesia.

Mapia Atoll

Mapia Atoll, historically known as the Freewill Islands or San David, is an atoll in the Pacific Ocean. It is located in Papua province of Indonesia, approximately 290 kilometers north of the city of Manokwari and 630 kilometers from the islands ...

Pegun Island

Pegun Island, also known as Mapia, is an Indonesian island in the Pacific Ocean. It is the southernmost island of Mapia Atoll, and one of two main islands in the atoll, the other being Bras Island. Pegun island, along with the rest of the Atoll i ...

Raam (West Papua)

Raam, also spelt Ram, is an island in West Papua, Indonesia, located off the northwestern tip of the Birds Head Peninsula of New Guinea. It lies at a distance of about 2 kilometres from the coast of the city of Sorong, and about 5 kilometres nort ...

Soop (West Papua)

Soop, also known as Sop or Tsiof, is an island in West Papua, Indonesia, located in the north of Sele Strait, and off the northwestern coast of the Birds Head Peninsula. It lies at a distance of about 4 kilometres west of the city of Sorong on th ...