ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 118

Castleward Forest

Castleward Forest is a woodland located beside Castle Ward near Strangford, Northern Ireland. It consists of coniferous and deciduous trees. The forest is managed by the National Trust.

Castlewellan Forest Park

Castlewellan Forest Park is located in the town of Castlewellan in County Down, Northern Ireland. The Park covers 460 hectares, including a forest and a lake of 40 hectares. It was opened to the public in 1967, after the Forest service of the Dep ...

Donard Forest

Donard Forest is located near Newcastle, County Down, Northern Ireland. It borders Donard Park at the foot of the Mourne Mountains. The Glen River flows through the forest where it is crossed by three stone bridges. The north east section of the ...

Drum Manor Forest Park

Drum Manor Forest Park is a forest in Northern Ireland, south of the Sperrin Mountains and west of Lough Neagh. It was bought from a private owner in 1964 and opened to the public in 1970. The forest park has a large car park with toilets, garden ...

Drumkeeragh Forest

Drumkeeragh Forest is a mixed coniferous forest located on the lower slopes of Slieve Croob, near Ballynahinch, Northern Ireland. It is used for commercial felling and is managed by the Forest Service Northern Ireland. The forest consists mainly ...

Florence Court Forest Park

The forest is located on the north east shoulder of Cuilcagh mountain and covers an area of 1.200 hectares. The forest adjoins the National Trust property and Florence Court House.

Glenariff Forest Park

Glenariff Forest Park is an 1185 hectare forest in County Antrim, Northern Ireland. It is part of Glenariff glen itself. The forest is managed by the Northern Ireland Forest Service, the state body responsible for forestry in the province, which ...

Gosford Forest Park

Gosford Forest Park is located outside the County Armagh village of Markethill. Gosford Forest Park, previously Gosford Demesne, was acquired by the Department of Agriculture in 1958 and comprises some 240 hectares of diverse woodland and open pa ...

Hillsborough Forest

Hillsborough Forest is a mixed broadleaf and coniferous forest located near the village of Hillsborough in County Down, Northern Ireland. It was once part of the Hillsborough Castle demesne. The lake located in the forest park contains brown trou ...

Kilbroney Park

Kilbroney Park is a park near Rostrevor in Northern Ireland. Formerly a country estate, it was visited by William Makepeace Thackeray, Charles Dickens and Seamus Heaney and may have been the inspiration for Narnia in the writings of C. S. Lewis. ...

Narrow Water Forest

Narrow Water Forest is a mixed broadleaf and coniferous forest located between Newry and Warrenpoint, Count Down, Northern Ireland. It is 342.04 acres in size, of which 138.41 acres is controlled by the Forest Service Northern Ireland.

Rostrevor Forest

Rostrevor Forest is located near the village of Rostrevor, County Down, Northern Ireland. It lies between the Mourne Mountains and Carlingford Lough, in the Mourne Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The first trees, primarily sitka spruce, dougl ...

Slieveanorra Forest

Slieveanorra Forest is situated in the rural north of County Antrim, Northern Ireland, near the villages of Corkey and Newtown Crommelin. It is a vast conifer forest and offers panoramic views. Altnahinch Dam is located on the edge of the forest ...

Tollymore Forest Park

Tollymore Forest Park was the first state forest park in Northern Ireland, established on 2 June 1955. It is located at Bryansford, near the town of Newcastle in the Mourne and Slieve Croob Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It covers an area of ...

Ards Forest Park

The forest park is situated on the small Ards Peninsula. It sits on the shores of Sheephaven Bay on the northern coastline of County Donegal, Ireland. Its to be found on the N56 road, between Creeslough and Dunfanaghy. Ards Forest Park was former ...

Cratloe Woods

Cratloe Woods is a forested area around the village of Cratloe in County Clare, Ireland. Much of the original oak forest has been replaced with coniferous softwoods during the past century, however, small pockets of native oak survive. The larges ...

Dartrey Forest

Dartrey Forest, near Rockcorry in north-west County Monaghan, Ireland, was formerly part of the Dartrey Estate, located in the Barony of Dartrey. It was also named "Dawson Grove", the country estate of the Dawson family, who had the title Earl of ...

Derreen Garden

Derreen Garden lies on a promontory in Kilmakilloge Harbour on the Beara Peninsula, in Tuosist parish, near Kenmare in County Kerry. Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, 4th Marquess of Lansdowne initiated the planting of the garden in 1863, but it was his s ...

Glen of the Downs

The Glen of the Downs is a 2 km long wooded glacial valley with steep sides rising to almost 250m on the east coast of Ireland. It contains a designated Nature Reserve comprising 59 ha, as well as a candidate Special Area of Conservation.

Lough Key Forest Park

Lough Key Forest Park is an 800-hectare park on the southern shore of Lough Key, 40 km south east of Sligo Town and 3 km east of Boyle, County Roscommon, in the Republic of Ireland. Formerly part of the Rockingham Estate laid out by the King fami ...

Terryland Forest Park

The Terryland Forest Park is an urban forest park in Galway, Ireland. It was launched in January 2000 as the largest such project in Ireland with a plan to involve the citizens of Galway city in planting 500.000 native Irish trees in an area of 1 ...

Tomnafinnoge Woods

Tomnafinnoge Woods is the last surviving fragment of the great Oak Woods of Tinahely, which once clothed the hills and valleys of south Wicklow, Ireland. As early as 1444 these woods supplied timber for the construction of Kings College, Cambridg ...

Biseni Forest

The Biseni Forest is a freshwater swamp forest located in the north west of Ahoada and the west of Upper Orashi Forest in the Taylor Creek floodplain of the Niger Delta. The forest has an area of 219 square kilometers, a birdwatching site, with a ...

Bahçekoy, Sarıyer

Bahçekoy is a neighborhood of Sarıyer district in Istanbul Province, Turkey. Bahçekoy is 8 km 5.0 km away from Sarıyer.It is bordered by Fatih forest, Çayırbası, Buyukdere, Kemerburgaz, Zekeriyekoy and Gumusdere. Institutions within its borders, ...

Edford Woods and Meadows

Edford Woods and Meadows is a 54.3 hectare biological Site of Special Scientific Interest, between Nettlebridge, Holcombe and Stoke St Michael, Somerset, notified in 1957. This site is important for the emergence of a wide range of types of semi- ...

Pencoedtre

Pencoedtre or Pencoetre, also known as Pencoedtre Village, is a northeastern suburb of Barry in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales. It borders Gibbonsdown to the southwest and Cadoxton to the south. It has developed from a small farming hamlet into an ...

Wood of Cree

Wood of Cree is a nature reserve in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland. Located approximately 4 miles north north-west of Newton Stewart, it is managed by the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds. Consisting of approximately 690 acres South of ...

Wyre Forest

Wyre Forest is a large, semi-natural woodland and forest measuring 26.34 square kilometres which straddles the borders of Worcestershire and Shropshire, England.

Puerto Rican dry forests

The Puerto Rican dry forests are a subtropical dry forest ecoregion located in southwestern and eastern Puerto Rico and on the offshore islands. They cover an area of 1.300 km 2. These forests grow in areas receiving less than 1.000 mm of rain an ...

Pushang

Pushang, also known by its Arabicized form of Bushanj, Bushang, Pushanj, and Fūshanj, was the name of a town in Khorasan, close to Herat in present-day Afghanistan.

Ram Shahristan

Ram Shahristan was the ancient capital of Sistan, in what is now southwestern Afghanistan and southeastern Iran. In the Arab geographers, prior to Zaranj the capital of Sistan was RAM Shahristan. RAM Shahristan had been supplied with water throug ...

Sigal, Sakastan

Sigal was a city of the Helmund valley in south-west Afghanistan. The presence of the Sakas in Sakastan in the 1st century BC, with its capital at Sigal, is mentioned by Isidore of Charax in his "Parthian stations". He explained that they were bo ...

Farah-Chakansur Province

Farah-Chakansur Province is a defunct province of Afghanistan, which in 1964 was divided into Farah Province and Nimroz Province. The former provinces capital was Farah.

Mazar-i-Sharif Province

Mazar-i-Sharif Province is a defunct province of Afghanistan, which in 1964 was divided into Balkh Province and Jowzjan Province. The former provinces capital was Mazar-i-Sharif. As of 1946, it had a population of 944.020. In 1929, the province w ...

Southern Province, Afghanistan

Southern Province is a defunct province of Afghanistan. The former provinces capital was Gardez. In March 1924, he was governed by AMR al-DIN. The dispute between him and the local magistrate led to the Khost rebellion, which saw the whole provin ...

Turkestan Province

Turkestan Province was a province in Afghanistan. It was located in northern Afghanistan in the region still known as Afghan Turkestan. In 1890, Qataghan-Badakhshan Province was separated from Turkestan Province. It is present in an administrativ ...

Amantia

Amantia or Abantia was an ancient Greek polis in Epirus. It occupied an important defensive position above the Aoos river valley to the east, and on the road to the coast and the Bay of Aulon, in Vlore County of the modern-day Albania. A Greek te ...

Dryinopolis

Dryinopolis or Dryinoupolis is a historical region in southwestern Albania and northwestern Greece in Epirus. The heartland of this region is the valley of the Drino river and Dropull/Dropolis. A Greek-Orthodox bishopric under this name was estab ...

Northern Epirus

Northern Epirus is a term used to refer to those parts of the historical region of Epirus, in the western Balkans, which today are part of Albania. The term is used mostly by Greeks and is associated with the existence of a substantial ethnic Gre ...

Caeciri

Caeciri was a Roman–Berber civitas and ancient diocese in Africa Proconsularis. Its exact location is unknown, though it must have been in the Sahel, Tunisia region south of Algiers in modern Algeria.

History of Lobos

This article is about the history of Lobos, a city in the province of Buenos Aires, Argentina. In 1740 a Jesuit mission led by Reverend father Kalkner surveyed the centre and South of the province of Buenos Aires and thus picked some geographic i ...

History of Mar del Plata

The first European navigator to visit the beaches and cliffs of what one day would become Mar del Plata was Sir Francis Drake in his 1577 circumnavigation voyage. He introduced the name Cape Lobos in the cartography of his time, due to the large ...

Paytakaran (city)

Paytakaran city was Greater Armenias easternmost provinces Paytakarans main city. The city was near to the place where Kur and Arax rivers mix, in the shores of Caspian sea. Paytakaran city was a very important fortress and was used against North ...

Goghtn

Goghtn was a canton located in the province of Vaspurakan in historical Armenia. Its borders roughly corresponded to the modern Ordubad Rayon of Nakhichevan, Azerbaijan. Goghtn was a well-known wine, with the quality of its grapes and orchards. T ...

Kajberunik

Kajberunik was a historical Armenian canton on a northern shore of Lake Van - located in the eastern Turuberan province, which became known as the Kajberuni princely familys territory. The canton is also known as Arjesh or Arjisho country forenam ...

Metz Aghbak

Metz Aghbak Armenian: Աղբակ Մեծ is a district of Vaspurakan province of Western Armenia. Its main town was known as Adamamert aka Hadamakert. This town corresponds to modern Baskale in the east of modern Turkey.

Tosb

Tosp is a district of Vaspurakan province of Historical Armenia. The name comes from the name of Tushpa is known as the capital of the Ararat Kingdom Urartu aka. The name of Tushpa, van-city, and the area is called Biaina or biainili Urartu, but ...

Edremit, Van

Edremit, is a district in the Van Province of Turkey. The districts central town which has the same name is situated on the coast of Lake Van at a distance of 18 kilometres from the city of Van.

Erzurum Province

Erzurum Province is a province of Turkey in the Eastern Anatolia Region of the country. It is bordered by the provinces of Kars and Ağrı to the east, Mus and Bingol to the south, Erzincan and Bayburt to the west, Rize and Artvin to the north and ...

Western Armenia national football team

The Western Armenia national football team is a football team representing the Armenian indigenous people primarily from the region of Western Armenia.